53 Grade Cement
King-Sankar Sakthi- Raasi Gold
Sankar Sakthi and Raasi Gold are high strength cements to meet
the needs of the consumer for high strength concrete. As per
BIS requirements the minimum 28 days compressive strength of
53 Grade OPC should not be less than 53 Mpa. For certain specialised
works such as prestressed concrete and certain items of precast
concrete requiring consistently high strength concrete, the
use of 53 Grade OPC is found very useful. 53 Grade OPC produces
higher-Grade concrete at very economical cement content. In
concrete mix design, for concrete M-20 and above Grades a saving
of 8 to 10% of cement may be achieved with the use of above
mentioned 53 Grade OPC.
Coromandel King, Sankar Sakthi and Raasi
Gold can be used for the following applications.
RCC works (Preferably where grade of concrete
is M-25 and above).
Precast concrete items such as paving blocks,
tiles building blocks etc
Prestressed concrete components
Runways, concrete Roads, Bridges etc.
43 Grade Cement
Coromandel, Sankar and Raasi are the 43 grade OPCs most popular
general-purpose cement in the market today. The production of
43 grade OPC is nearly 50% of the total production of cement
in the country
The 43 grade OPC can be
used for following applications:
The compressive strength of cement at 28 days
when tested as per IS code shall be minimum 43 Mpa. Characteristic
strength requirements of this cement are given in the chart
Coromandel Super Power, Sankar Super Power and Raasi Super
Power are the premium blended cements from THE INDIA CEMENTS
LIMITED. It is produced by intergrinding of OPC clinker alongwith
gypsum and mineral admixtures. Dedicated to the end user after
passing through stringent tests at our R&D laboratory, it
ensures durable structures that lasts for generations.
Strength increases as time passes.
- High durability concrete - protects from corrosion, coastal
attack and extreme temperature.
- Ideal cement for resisting aggressive environments like chemical,
chloride and sulphate attack.
- Best suited for high performance concrete.
- High fineness - suited for plastering and finishing works.
- Low heat of hydration - Ideal for mass concrete pours and machine
- Equivalent to 53 grade cement.
- It is a general purpose cement and can be used with advantage
wherever OPC is used.
- Marine structures.
- Mass concrete pours such as in dams etc.
- Highly suited for plastering and finishing works because of
it's high fineness
Resisting Portland Cement (SRC)
Sankar SRC can be used for structural concrete wherever OPC or
PPC or Slag Cement is usable under normal conditions.Sankar SRC
is particularly beneficial in such conditions where the concrete
is exposed to the risk of deterioration due to sulphate attack.
For example, in contact with soils and ground waters containing
excessive amounts of sulphates as well as for concrete in seawater
or exposed directly to seacoast. The IS 456 1978 (revised draft
code ) has made elaborate provisions for use of particular type
of cement against different percentages of soluble sulphate salts
The use of SRC is recommended for following applications:
- Foundations, piles
- Basements and underground structures
- Sewage and Water treatment plants
- Chemical, Fertilizers and Sugar factories
- Food processing industries and Petrochemical projects
- Coastal works
- Also for normal construction works where OPC is used.
- Construction of building along the coastal area is 50 Km from